Thursday, February 16, 2017

A Lady Named Pearl Cleanse

I am a model, performing artist and professor, based in Atlanta, GA. I was born and raised in Miami, FL by two beautiful Haitian parents. I can recall walking through our neighborhood with my Mom, and her picking certain plants to boil, to create medicines for us. Moreover, we had a mango, avocado and lemon tree. Although we ate lots of cooked food, I can thoroughly remember her enjoying the raw fruits from our trees.

Growing up, I desired to live a Westerner's life, and viewed some of the things my mother did as "old world". Yet, I am finding, as an adult, that I want to learn more and more about living a holistic lifestyle, and adopting some of the practices that I witness from my mother as a child.

Consuming more natural juices and smoothies, and eating raw, are steps that I am taking to live a more holistic lifestyle. I am eating out less, and eating less cooked food. I want to give my body more nutrients. I deserve it. There's has to be a certain level of respect and integrity that you should give to your body, mind and spirit.

HOLISTIC LIFESTYLE 

Eat healthy meals. A healthy meal includes ingredients that are nutritionally
valuable. Choose ingredients that will give you energy throughout the day.

Exercise at least three times a week. Exercise is key to a healthy lifestyle.

Engage with herbalists. An herbalist develops natural treatment plans to help you feel your best and boost your immune system. The goal of holistic health care is to maximize your health and wellness through natural treatment methods.

WHY DO A CLEANSE? 

“Many people turn to cleanses because they feel off—they’re bloated and sluggish, dependent on caffeine and junk food cravings, breaking out,” says Stephanie Middleberg, a New York City-based registered dietitian. “When you eliminate toxins from your system, your entire body feels better and reacts both internally and externally.”

JOIN A LADY NAMED PEARL CLEANSE FACEBOOK GROUP


One of my favorite smoothie recipes: Kale, peanut butter, blueberries, banana, almond milk
- A Lady Named Pearl

Mango/pineapple smoothie for lunch (added coconut water & almond milk)

No comments:

Post a Comment